Top 9 Cigars of 2019: #9 Balmoral Añejo XO Oscuro
Over the next 9 days we’re counting down our picks for the top 9 cigars of 2019. Some of these cigars are new and some are not and all cigars were aged in our humidors a minimum of 2 weeks. All of the cigars selected achieved a minimum rating of “Boxworthy” and achieved the highest marks in all 10 of our recommendation criteria.- In Fumo Pax!
Balmoral Añejo XO Oscuro
- Profile: Med-Full
- Vitola: Rothschild Masivo
- Length / Ring Gauge: 5.0″ x 55
- Origin: Dominican Republic
- Wrapper: Sun-Grown, Stalk-Cut Mexican San Andrés
- Binder: Dominican Olor
- Filler: Dominican Olor, Nicaragua (Jalapa), Stalk-Cut Brazilian Mata Norte
- Price: $10.20 [Box $203.86]
- Box: 20
- Other Vitolas: Torpedo Mk52 [6.25″x52], Gran Toro [6″x52], Corona [5 7/8″x42], Petit Robusto FT [4.25″x48], Lancero FT Edición Limitada
The Balmoral Añejo XO Oscuro is wonderfully aromatic featuring a zesty mix of leather and chocolate scents filling your olfactory senses. The draw is optimal with a punch, which is perfect for the 55 RG. The opening profile is, in a word, delectable. After an initial blast of black pepper accompanied by notes of Carmel corn and candied nuts, this ultra-smooth cigar settles into a leathery profile amidst a swirling mix of salt and marshmallow on the retro and rich, crisp finishes of coffee and pepper. The draw features a savory, woody essence and there’s a light spice on the palate.